Maximise the lifespan and value of your car with regular car servicing.
At Horbury Tyres And Auto Centre our expert technicians are trained to service any make and model of car using the latest techniques and diagnostic equipment, we are committed to providing our customers a friendly, straightforward and honest service.
We provide three levels of servicing that are designed to meet the needs of all cars, whatever their age or condition.
Interim Service – 6 month vehicle service
Our 6 month service is designed for the high mileage car user, someone who regularly exceeds 2000 miles a month, or where the car manufacturer has recommended that you have more frequent checks between annual services. This service includes an oil and filter change, top ups of essential fluids, as well as brake, steering and suspension checks (by removing the wheels).
Full Service – 12 month vehicle service
This is a comprehensive annual service for trouble free motoring. It exceeds most manufacturers’ service schedules, and includes an air filter change, a top up of brake fluid, power steering fluid and coolant. High quality parts are used and we check and record wear and tear items to give you peace of mind.
Major Service – 24 month vehicle service
Our 24 month service covers all of the areas of essential maintenance. In addition to all the items included in our Interim and Full Services, the Major Service covers items that are regularly recommended for replacement every two years, including your cabin filter and brake hydraulic fluid.
We Can Complete Main Dealer Servicing And Save You Money
In addition to standard car servicing, we can also complete your manufacturer, or main dealer, service for you? If your vehicle is still under warranty, then we will always use manufacturer parts, service schedules and provide the correct receipt. This way your service is valid under manufacturer guidelines. So, you can avoid the high prices of the main dealer, while still protecting your new car warranty.
Vehicle Servicing Frequently Asked Questions
Many people are under the impression that when they buy a new car they have to have the car serviced at the main dealers to keep the warranty valid. But in reality the answer is No you do not have to take your car back to the main dealers more expensive service centre
Even though you do not have to take your car to the main dealer you can’t just use your next door neighbour to do it and stamp your book. To ensure that your warranty remains valid the garage you choose must meet all of the 6 conditions below:
- The garage is VAT registered
- They only uses main dealer or manufacturer specified parts and lubricants
- They follow your car manufacturer’s service schedule
- Your servicing is done within the given dates
- Your car’s service book is stamped or your digital service book is updated by the garage
- They provide an invoice or receipt for the work done as proof
Not sure when your car service is due?
The first thing to check is your owner’s manual, as it depends on the make, age and mileage of your car. You can also look at your Service History book if you have it. Some garages will leave a sticker on the inside of the driver’s door as a reminder fro when your next service is due.
To keep your car running smoothly and efficiently we would recommend that your car should have a Full Service every 12 months (or 12,000 miles) and a Major Service every two years (or 24,000 miles). It’s really important to get your car serviced regularly, not just for having you car run smoothly but it also makes the selling of your vehicle a lot easier. If you frequently make trips beyond Wakefield and the general Yorkshire area and generate a high annual mileage, we would recommend an Interim Service every 6 months (or 6,000 miles).
There are a number of things that you will need to bring with you on the day, to make sure your Car Service goes smoothly and we can log it for you:
- Alloy wheel keys or locking nuts – As part of your Car Service, our technicians will need to remove your wheels to inspect the condition of your steering and suspension systems. Please bring your locking nuts with you, so that our team can carry out your Service without delay (we’ll need to remove your wheels to do this).
- An empty boot – Our technicians will be inspecting the condition and tread depth of your spare tyre. As the spare tyre is usually located under the false floor of your boot, we would appreciate it if you could empty your boot of luggage and other heavy items before you arrive for your service.
- Your service book – We will need to check when was the last time that you had certain items replaced, such as cabin filters, brake fluid and spark plugs. This information will have been written in your service book so please have your service book with you when you drop your car off.
- A V5C registration form (for your first MOT only) – If you have booked your car in for it’s first MOT as well as a service then we require your V5C vehicle registration certificate (log book). If you have changed your registration plate since your cars last MOT then you will also need to bring your V5C vehicle registration certificate document. In all other case your V5C vehicle registration certificate is not required.
Yes, all of the parts that we use on your vehicle during the service are of Original Equipment (OE) quality, and we always use the correct oil grades for your car, every time.